Kareena Kapoor’s 2002 interview where she talks about her ‘rapport’ with Bipasha Basu, Ameesha Patel and Preity Zinta

Bipasha-Basu


Asoka, for all the raves, couldn't turn into the fury it was intended to be. Is it safe to say that you were baffled? 

Not in the slightest degree. I was glad to be a piece of such an awesome film. What's more, it was only my fourth film. How about we set aside the movies achievement. The letters and blooms I got for Asoka were fantastic. Each courageous woman would have given her right arm to do Asoka. I view myself as fortunate.

Prior you used to be uncomfortable playing the model. Is it true that you are alright with that now? 

I've understood I'm here to be at the top. Furthermore, to arrive you must be provocative, stylish and alluring. Everybody has been at the top – Rekha, Sridevi, Madhuri, Karisma – has taken the style course. Rekha is known as a sex goddess. I was exceptionally complimented when a magazine called me one as well. Regardless, just by wearing a salwar-kameez I can't demonstrate that I'm a decent performing artist. The garments must be with regards to the character… like Pooh's savage outfits in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham. I need to be the No.1 on-screen character. So why single out my garments? I know of specific courageous women who have abruptly beginning demonstrating their cleavage following 10 years in the business. Somewhat late in the day, no? In any case, I don't think anybody needs to see you doing the oomphy demonstration. That is alright. I need to do a blend of the reasonable and the fabulous. From the deglamourised Refugee, I swung straight into the ultra-glitz Mujhe Kuchh Kehna Hai. I don't think some other courageous woman has had the chance to do as wide an assortment of parts in one year as I have. No two movies of mine have been the same. I trust you get then most elevated expense summoned by a performing artist at this moment. I assume I do. I take that as a gigantic compliment. That demonstrates that movie producers and gatherings of people safe house full confidence in my capacities. Just by being a piece of fruitful movies, you don't turn into an accomplishment in your own particular right. It couldn't be any more obvious, Madhurti Dixit or Sridevi didn't get to be didn't get to be moment triumphs. Madhuri's initial few movies were disappointments. Without a doubt, Sridevi has Nagina, Chandni and Mr India… yet after many years in the business. So far as that is concerned what number of critical blockbusters has Rekha featured in? But then she's a film goddess. I've been fortunate to have enormous victories like Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai and Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham comfortable begin. The issue is, after Refugee everybody needs to see mem giving powerhouse exhibitions in all my movies. It's difficult to satisfy such desires.
That fantasy melody with Akshay Kumar in Ajnabee was greatly humiliating.

Gracious, yet that melody was a basic part of the script. It wasn't a reconsideration or anything. I made an endeavor to do an attractive number, I appreciated it. Also, trust it or not, I shot for Neend mujhko aa rahi hai soon after shooting for Panchhi nadiya in Refugee. The way of life stun was excessively. Be that as it may, Akshay took such care to make me agreeable. That is the reason I like him to such an extent.

Imagine a scenario in which Sanjay Leela Bhansali were to offer you a motion picture once more.

Sanjay Bhansali needs to make another Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam with me.I won't abandon him in peace till he does. I merit it. What's more, he knows it.

I trust you fixed up with him as of late.

Yes. I went to Sikander Kher's birthday party (BP). Kiron Kher -- who's ---- working in Sanjay's Devdas (SD) said I should meet Sanjay. She dragged me to him. We embraced and got to be companions. I let him know I was harmed on the grounds that he screen-tried me for Devdas and afterward supplanted me without my insight. Yet, I've never at any point said that he's a terrible executive or that I'll never work with him. The media just dramatically overemphasized our disparities. You know I resembled a tyke who needed to be in his film. He was the main movie producer I ever called. Anyway, Devdas is positively not the last film he'll make. He owes me a performance courageous woman film.

You're similar to a kid grabbing toys at a tremendous store. You need each real chief to work with you.

(Snickers) Exactly. There's not really any executive left for me to work with. Be that as it may, if it's not too much trouble you can't call either Karan Johar or Sooraj Barjatya a toy. In the event that I begin discussing Soorajji, this meeting will turn into a Sooraj Barjatya extraordinary.

Attempt at any rate.

He's mysterious. I'm so fortunate to work with him. Different courageous women have no clue what they're passing up a great opportunity for. About my character Sanjana in Main Prem Ki Deewani hoon, she's precisely similar to me. On the off chance that I was caught in the same circumstances, I'd carry on precisely like Sanjana. I've utilized my genuine encounters as a part of this film. Aside from K3G, here's a part that is nearest to my heart. Principle Prem Ki Deewani hoon will be discharged in 2003.

You were not really significant to Karan Johar's Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham.

No, obviously not. Be that as it may, it was an, extremely exceptional part. I was there only for four scenes and three tunes. In any case, my character… Pooh… was so cool and charming. I adored doing the hoity-toity act.

You shine in the film.

I no more comprehend what to say when I'm complimented in regards to my looks. I grateful useful feedback more than void recognition.

Do you lament your battle with Bobby Deol? 

I haven't had an opportunity to meet him after Ajanabee. There was no battle between us, it was only a misconception. To me, Bobby will dependably be my sister's first co-star. He was likewise one of my first legends after Abhishek. I was extremely amped up for working with him in Ajnabee. I don't know why things turned out badly between us. You know, my sister has experienced the same thing. Such a large number of individuals have attempted to make a fracture amongst Lolo and Govinda and with Salman Khan. Be that as it may, they haven't give the free talk a chance to influence their companionship. I don't deny an issue with Bobby's better half. In any case, I'm certain my issues with Bobby can be sorted out. There's no cynicism from my end.

Your thought on Bipasha Basu, please.

She simply doesn't appear to have any trust in her own particular ability. In a four-page meeting, she talked about me for three pages. Why not discuss your work? I think her lone distinguishing strength is that she battled with me amid Ajnabee over dress planner Vikram Phadnis. She's given explanations that I called hr uncharitable names. Presently, that is an illusion of her creative ability.

Why do you get into these unfriendly circumstances? 

My mom has dependably taught us sisters to be completely forthright. In any case, my sister has learnt to be prudent, which I haven't. Lolo continues shouting at me for shooting my mouth off. Be that as it may, no two persons are the same. I'm altogether different from my sister. Indeed, even my mom has dealt with our unique dispositions. Yet, I positively don't pay special mind to threatening circumstances. Despite what might be expected, the others get unfriendly. Possibly they feel envious on the grounds that achievement has come too effortlessly to me, being a star-child, a star-sister what not. Still, I haven't had it simple. Achievement may have come effortlessly to me yet to stay there is extreme. It's much more unpleasant for me than anybody can envision.

Has all the anxiety taken its toll on you? 

I think it did. That is the reason I got typhoid. I just caved in for 25 days.

It is safe to say that you are cranky? 

Yes. I can be okay one moment… yet the exact one minute from now, something somebody has said can disturb me significantly. Else, I can never be impolite to anybody. My sister has cautioned me not to be over-accommodating with individuals since I'll get hurt. What's more, that is precisely what happens. I do have inclination swings. Nobody is impeccable, I've generally been this way.

Do you truly motivate time to go out with companions? 

Not all that much. However, that is alright. I've seen my sister trudging it out from the age of 16. I do go out yet my group of friends is confined to four or five dear companions like Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra. I'm extremely partial to Abhishek Bachchan and Akshay Kumar. I'm OK with them. Also, obviously Esha Deol.

No doubt you can't overlook her or she'll sue you.

(Laughs) No she won't. She's one of my dearest companions. I'm now six movies old… or youthful, I treat her like a more youthful sister. I show her the do's and don'ts. She's as sensitive and unstable as I am. We like and aversion the same things. We're entirely certain our fellowship is begrudged by everybody.

What's it about you that disturbs different performing artists like Amisha Patel and Preity Zinta? 

(Chuckles) Do I have to answer that? They blame me for saying things in regards to them… when actually I never say them in my meetings. It's they who continue discussing me constantly. In a magazine, Amisha Patel was cited as saying that I'm unreliable in regards to her. Do you think I can be shaky about anybody? I've recently worked with Kajol and Jayaji in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham.

Haven't you tackled more than you can deal with? 

Infrequently when I sit in my make-up van I ponder what the heck I'm doing. I do get drained on occasion.

It is safe to say that you are overwhelmed by the desires that you've constructed? 

Really, I've generally been an exceptionally sure young lady. I know I'll never disappoint anybody. Indeed, even in a terrible film like Yaadein, my fans weren't baffled. Toward the day's end, I'm here to fulfill my fans with my exhibitions. The supposition inside the business is auxiliary. Since the champion who's given two of the greatest hits as of late lacks fame that I have… despite the fact that I've been a piece of some huge film industry calamities.

How has one year in the film business transformed you? 

As a performing artist, I've enhanced rapidly. You know I viewed Asoka without anyone else's input with just my mother and Lolo for organization. I cried toward the end of the motion picture. I felt I don't know where to go from here.

How's it been on the individual front? 

I've met individuals who're so sweet to me all over. The same individuals have attempted to devastate my vocation. That stunned me.

Being connected to Hrithik Roshan… didn't that startle you? 

I was more irritated that his marriage would be influenced. For me, it was an expert danger. In the first place it was Hrithik. Tomorrow it could be another person. For whatever length of time that I know the reality of the situation, I'm fine.

At the point when cherish truly happens will you speak the truth about it? 

I'll go ballistic. I won't have the capacity to discuss whatever else. I'll stand on the housetops and yell that I've found the man I need to spend whatever is left of my existence with. Yet, where is he? I'm biting the dust to meet him. I need to see who's equivalent to the assignment of being my accomplice. My companions say I'll never discover anybody. They say I threaten folks.

How? 

They don't have the guts to try and come up to my level of trustworthiness. A great deal of folks attempt to blend with me due to who I am. In the event that in experience a person with a spotless heart, I'll pass by my senses. I figure my man won't be from the film business.

Consider the possibility that he needs you to surrender your profession.


I'll kick him in his butt and instruct him to get lost. The most stunning part about the articles connecting me with Hrithik was the intimation that I was willing to surrender my profession to pursue him. If it's not too much trouble Not for a man, never.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Actress Mawra Hocane Profile Pictures

Ankita Sharma to return with Colors' Devanshi

Sesha and Shivanya to fight in Colors' Naagin